The Television & Movie Wiki: for TV, celebrities, and movies.
Rachel McAdams (born October 7, 1976) is a Canadian actress. She was born in London, Ontario, Canada, and grew up in St. Thomas, Ontario. At the age of four, she took up competitive figure skating. She took up acting at age thirteen at a summer theater camp.
Rachel attended Central Elgin Collegiate Institute in St. Thomas from grade nine to OAC (An optional 13th year for Ontario students before university, which was phased out in 2003). She later graduated from York University with honours, where she studied theatre.
She had a large role in the film The Hot Chick, alongside Rob Schneider, but her career really took off when she starred as Regina George, queen-bee and resident bitch of her school, in the 2004 hit Mean Girls. She starred opposite Hollywood It-Girl Lindsay Lohan (who was ten years her junior). Mean Girls got McAdams' name into many homes around the United States, as it was such a big hit.
She followed Mean Girls with the film adaptation of Nicholas Sparks' novel The Notebook, alongside Ryan Gosling. In 2005, she played the engaged daughter of an important political leader in The Wedding Crashers, and starred in the suspense thriller Red Eye. Her most recent role is in the new comedy The Family Stone where she stars alongside Diane Keaton, Sarah Jessica Parker, Luke Wilson and Claire Danes.
McAdams received critical acclaim for both roles and was honoured for her work, most recently a record number of five nominations, and three wins, at the MTV Movie Awards in 2005.
- The Family Stone (2005) – Amy Stone
- Red Eye (2005) – Lisa Reisert
- Wedding Crashers (2005) – Claire Cleary
- The Notebook (2004) – Allie Hamilton
- Mean Girls (2004) – Regina George
- Slings & Arrows (2003) ([[TV series] ]) – Kate McNab
- The Hot Chick (2002) – Jessica Spencer/Clive Maxtone
- Perfect Pie (2002) – Patsy (age 15)
- My Name Is Tanino (2002) – Sally Garfield
- Guilt by Association (2002) (TV) – Danielle
- Shotgun Love Dolls (2001) (TV series) – Beth
- "I have a certain curiosity for life that drives me and propels me forward." - Rachel McAdams
- "As strange as movie making is, doing love scenes for the first time with someone you've never even said hello to does work in terms of having a fresh quality to a relationship."- Rachel McAdams
- "Yeah. I still live in Canada, so it's not quite the same. And when I'm in L.A., I'm in a car; you don't have the contact with the public. It's not so bad. It's still pretty much the same. I still feel pretty normal-ish." - Rachel McAdams
- Oddly enough, Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling, as well as working together, were born in the same hospital in the same city (St. Joesph's Hospital, London, Ontario, Canada).
- McAdams is a natural blonde, she was a brunette when she did such movies as The Notebook, Red Eye, The Wedding Crashers and The Family Stone.